Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 'New' phase 2 chamade
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Right so i picked the chammy up yesterday. As the auction stated, it does indeed have a small blow somewhere in the exhaust, not a bad one and exhaust putty would probably sort it but i'll whip that off and weld it up. Also the NSF bearing grumbles a bit sometimes, good job i didnt give JB my spare hub Smile Other than that it's in extremely good condition, most notably the bodywork. I reckon it's as near mint for an L reg as i would find at any price, let alone £250, the only real imperfections being a few small stone chips on the front of the bonnet.

i drove it from where i picked it up in surrey, to my parents' house in kent, then from there back to hertfordshire, and ive not found anything amiss with it other than what i already knew about. Driving it with standard wheels and suspension feels like driving a boat after being used to the koni/lowered/17" hatchback Smile

Everything, and i mean everything works perfectly, it even displays the correct outside temperature, LOL. I've got a really good feeling about this car, it's clear from the condition and service history (98k now, FSH up to 84k) that it has been looked after by mature owners (all 2 of them!) its entire life. Deserves to be owned by someone who will maintain and look after it, ie - me!

First thing i'm going to do once the other hatchback is scrapped and out of the way, is treat it to a brand new set of bottom ball joints and trackrod ends, since the steering is a bit 'wooly' sometimes. Also needs some decent battery terminals, as it still has the original screw downs. Boot carpet could do with a wash too!

I got some pics of it at my parents' house after a quick wash, but no polish. Gallery wont seem to let me upload them at the moment, i will do so when it does.

I took the opportunity to use my dad's pressure washer to blast the crap out of the usual little cubby holes at the bottom of the front wings, and at the front of the rear arches, both are completely clear and clean now.

My sister's boyfriend called it a 'family wagon'. Cheeky fecker, I soon set him straight, and told him that family wagon or no, it would blow his nedded up Focus into the weeds, and asked him if he wanted me to prove it... he declined Smile

This does mean that i will have to sell my hatchback once i have this chamade properly sorted...that will bring a tear to my eye...been through a lot with that car, and know everything about it Crying or Very sad
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:20 pm

Thats rich coming from a ford owner Rolling Eyes
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:23 pm

oh mate, you have no idea. I have to hunt out some pictures of it now... Laughing
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:29 pm

the gallery should be working now get some pics up neal

Wanker! (just checking all the usefull smileys work properly) Laughing
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:43 pm

schakal wrote:
the gallery should be working now get some pics up neal

all i get is this:

Processing status...

- Adding front.JPG
Resizing/compressing original image
No resizing required
Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)
Need help? Look in the Gallery FAQ
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:25 pm

hard luck mate ,
try to use my gallery if you want ,i wont charge u Laughing

http://www.retro-renault.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album08&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:00 pm

Question - how do u upload pics to the gallery or do u have to be a subscriber to do that ?
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:18 am

alright here they are!

nice eh Smile

Last edited by Neal on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:19 am

hmmm that doesnt work... oh well, fuck it.
pringe
Level 5 User

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:33 am

they do work if you copy and paste the link...give it an url tag instead of an img tag and it will open!
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:52 am

yeah, but i want them to display in the post! Crying or Very sad hehe
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:54 am

nice chammy there neal ,well done mate Laughing
Xvisor
Level 7 User

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:03 am

That chammy is in psychical mint condition mate!!
Would love to be able to get one here in holland for such a price SadSad

Good luck mate!
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:05 am

Well if think that's cheap, it would have been £50 in scotland Cool

(RR in-joke, regulars will get it)
srr
Level 8 User

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:57 am

Thats an awesome condition its in Cool
I want mine to be that shiny someday Laughing

Ps. is it only the valvers that have color coded mirrors?
Both mine are black plastic Confused
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:58 am

rather spanking mate..

part from no wheel centre caps

i also noticed the valver steering wheel..

you have THREE of the do you not?

(nudge nudge wink wink)

hehe :p

also mate, if you upload to uploadit, they display via the post, only can have 20 uplodas tho Sad well for non members anyway

also what the guy say when you picked it up?
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:07 pm

no centre caps, but i do have a set of 4 off my other one. But anyway, there's not much point putting them on cos they will only disappear within a month and the standard wheels wont be on it long.

yes i now have 3 of those seering wheels, but hey, 2 of them are sort of needed, and the other one you threw back in my face Razz

the guy was fine about it, he was in a hurry to get off to watch the football at 3 so we didnt chat or anything, i just gave him a wad of cash to count while i filled out my name and address on the V5 and left, in and out in about 2 mins literally.
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:17 pm

Quote:
yes i now have 3 of those seering wheels, but hey, 2 of them are sort of needed, and the other one you threw back in my face

Surprised

i did no such thing Neal!

Sad
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:59 pm

that mean i cant have it? :/
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:52 pm

lol @ poor roger

Nice chammy Neal Image
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:19 pm

srr wrote:
Thats an awesome condition its in Cool
I want mine to be that shiny someday Laughing

Ps. is it only the valvers that have color coded mirrors?
Both mine are black plastic Confused

not only the valvers but even my 1.8 8v has them ,i also believe i have seen some 1.4 s with them color coded mirrors on . they are electric mirrors by the way ,its strange you dont have them on your 1.8 though
are they leccy mirrors ????

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE