Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 PH1 Hatch
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:50 am

its the best mod you can do Dan!
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:37 am

Righty then, spoke to the boss bout time off and I can have a whole four days at the start of november...whoopdy do i say.

The parts that I have to fit are as follows.

Discs + Pads (rear)
Dampers (rear)
Bearings (rear + front)
Clutch
Gearbox
Head gasket set
New tappets
Twin 40 Dellortos (Need manifold and throttle cable linkages still)
Oil + Fuel filter

Hmmm looking at the list I really have been quite lazy but fixing things recently. Good thing is I didn't ahve to pay for some of the bits like bearings as I was in the right place at the right time and got em either free or dirt cheap Very Happy

I may even post some decent pics as I've got the new camera although I think I'll only do the gearbox clutch and webbers as guides as most other stuff has articles already.
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:36 am

It's getting close. I have next week off to get what I can done.

Checked a few bits today and it would appear that the front drivers side strut top bearing has gone, the passenger rear bearing is nackered, the tortion bar on the drivers side has gone and the passenger side front tyre is almost bald. Laughing

Every corner has an issue. As well as that I'm replacing the clutch and gearbox so the front and middle of the cars getting work too! I still have the new tappets to go in and a head gasket set to suit.

Anyway my boss's mate is breaking his ph2 at last so I'm having the rear beam complete with discs and bearings etc. Probably get a spare tyre or two if he's got any decent ones on there and the front suspension to replace mine.

All in all a lot of work to do in not a great deal of time. i'm pretty sure that's everything to do, then it's just MOT on the 13th of December so fingers crossed it all goes well. With any luck the car will be running sweetly this time next week.(Heres hoping)

I'll make sure I take plenty of piccys as I'm doing the work.
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 am

astrojon007 wrote:
fingers crossed it all goes well. With any luck the car will be running sweetly this time next week.(Heres hoping)

You just jinxed yourself, right there. Mad
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:13 am

Shite...I hadn't thought of that.....DOH Crying or Very sad

I might as well give up before I start now Rolling Eyes
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:43 pm

Very Happy OMG OMG OMG

She's back on the road!!!! For a day Crying or Very sad

MOT tommorow and haven't finished the work to get it through yet Evil or Very Mad

This month and end of last month I have managed to finish replacing the rear beam, rear discs, rear bearings, rear dampers, handrake adjuster and had to buy a special tool to sort the brake pipes out (Now pretty good at flaring brake pipes). Also fully bled the brake system and colling system. There were more jobs I wanted to do but life got hectic over the last month so it's been hard work fitting in car repairs. Going to replace the front suspension in the hope that it will sort out any clunky steering noises but want to get balljoint/trackrod done first and see if that sorts it.
(Basically Crimbo is badly restricting cashflow and TAX, MOT and spares in December is not a situation I want to deal with)

For the MOT I still have a couple of bits to do like a new tyre, an indicator bulb and sort out the clunky noise from the steering (whatever that is, hopefully balljoint/track end as I have new ones) but from what I can tell that's it.

However still got a gearbox and clutch to fit (Not urgent as such)Sad

And a head gasket set (inc; new tappets, cambelt etc)

I've got pics but I mistakenly put them in a corrupt folder so can't upload them Evil or Very Mad
I'll try and get em up ASAP.
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:34 am

Is it goin to the test or no? Confused
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 am

errrr jon u gt a jack under the car or summik i dont recall urs being that high it was more like slammed to the floor??????
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:02 am

Piccys on this project page show the car when I got it. i have posted photo's elsewhere of it with the screwed tortion bar and have taken some more since fixing it.

Pics Of The Old Beam Fitted (new pics will follow when I recover the lost piccys):

Quote:
Is it goin to the test or no?

Definitely a no for now. I know it wont pass as is I need to sort the clunky steering, indicator and tyre then it should pass fine (Fingers Crossed). TBH I'm not in that great a hurry any more, I'm used to walking again now and I don't want to rush it and make a silly mistake.
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:10 am

ur walking? what happend to ur mums fuckus?
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:37 am

astrojon007 wrote:

Quote:
Is it goin to the test or no?

Definitely a no for now. I know it wont pass as is I need to sort the clunky steering, indicator and tyre then it should pass fine (Fingers Crossed). TBH I'm not in that great a hurry any more, I'm used to walking again now and I don't want to rush it and make a silly mistake.

Ah ok, i couldn't understand your last post so was a bit confused Smile
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:52 am

Quote:
Ah ok, i couldn't understand your last post

Yeah I did ramble a bit didn't I Laughing

Quote:
ur walking? what happend to ur mums fuckus?

My mum is back off holiday now so I can only use the Focus in the evenings Crying or Very sad
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:34 pm

More piccys of the car having the rear beam replaced;

Old beam off/New one about to be fitted:

New beam (rusty discs) Old beam next to it. (notice the difference from one side of the old beam and the other)

And yes That is me in the last pic looking gormless and yes I am taller than a Giraffe(Notice that three wheels only come up to my knees) Laughing Wink
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:07 am

those rear brakes are in great workign order! full disc dace clear, not common! Most only work on a small strip.
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Quote:
Most only work on a small strip.

Both sets of calipers are in perfect working nick......but I gave em an extra clean up round the piston and rubber anyway.

Did the indicator today and bit the bullet in ordering a new tyre(someone may be without a crimbo present this year)

Gonna do balljoint and track rod on monday so hopefully that will be mot worthy.
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:30 am

I have now go an MOT WOOOOOHOOOOOO. I finally pulled my finger out last week cos I got tired of walking and it's started to get really cold in the mornings now.

Driving again. not cold anymore. Still more to fix. Skint. That is all.
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:43 am

You've been quiet lately
Doc
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:50 am

he's been a busy little mofo Razz

Well done for getting it through the MOT mate.
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:39 am

bowt time i say lol well dne matey
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:45 am

Thank's all. Had great fun getting the MOT done and all the work finished. Sorry I haven't replied recently but had a bit of a family crisis.

My Gran passed away last week and things have been a bit hectic with everything goin on (me in England all my family in Edinburgh) A very sad week and the loss of a lovely lady who was greatly loved and will be missed by all that knew her.

All is sorted now and once I pay for the flights to scotland etc I will be able to finish the 19 once and for all.
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:58 am

Sorry to hear about your gran.

i know if mine goes, i will liturally fall apart, no way i could even think about that situation.

how ever! have a nice 19 wating to be driven!

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE