Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 hello i'm new
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:49 am

kent not to far from me

yay for slough!
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:57 am

GTTURBO wrote:
Wicked Neo wrote:
oh lord, southend hehe

I live there Sad

i'll see you down there sometime in the new year then mate Smile

possibly, lol, i've been down the front once in the last year and that was only to meet up with PandaUK from the RSC forum to check out his R19 Valver.

too many boyed up novas and crap like that down the front for my liking.
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:04 pm

possibly, lol, i've been down the front once in the last year and that was only to meet up with PandaUK from the RSC forum to check out his R19 Valver.

too many boyed up novas and crap like that down the front for my liking.

i know what you mean. my mates got a evo5 and its just somewhere to head to for a blast Very Happy
the drive there and back is fun
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:10 pm

aye, but be careful, friday and saturday nights and the police have all kinds of traps on the A127 as u approch Southend now

First off they like to place a mobile gatso right under the 40 limit sign as u come in, most ppl slow to 40 mph once they are past that sign cos they know there is a fixed camera about 200 yds down but by law you are meant to be down to 40 mph at the sign
So the mobile gatso gets u for speeding
Then they also have a ANPS van sitting about 100 yds down from that, it checks for your tax and insurance, two patrol cars lay in wait 1/4 mile down from that to nick ya if u have no tax / insurance.
Then there is the mobile MOT unit that is available down the front, any car that looks or sounds as if it would not pass an MOT, they direct it to a side street where u get an instant MOT, if it fails your car gets a prohibition order slapped on it and you are not allowd to drive it home, it has to be trailered and MOTed within 14 days of the prohibition order or you get fined.

and then of course there is all the speed cameras, mobile and fixed in and around southend, the place really is like taking candy off of kids for the traffic police.
Addie
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:28 am

Got any inside pics?

Looks very tidy, I'd be so tempted to stick some clear indicators on it but I think the totally standard look suits it!

Are you happy with it now or do you still have plans?
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:51 am

Addie wrote:
Got any inside pics?

Looks very tidy, I'd be so tempted to stick some clear indicators on it but I think the totally standard look suits it!

Are you happy with it now or do you still have plans?

thanks mate i'm going to keep the lights standard,the inside is standard but i take out the back seats to do the 1/4. but there are some more plans for the engine

tubular manifold
big bore turbo elbow and down pipe combined
paddle clutch(i've got a fast road but it close to the limit of it)
wind up the boost for some more power
then get a power run

have you got any plans for your car in the new year mate
Addie
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:36 pm

GTTURBO wrote:

My 19 16v cost £200 off eBay so its just a rag around really. Need to service it when I get a dry day and change the belt.

Looking for something else, not sure what though! Probably another Valver, cabby maybe.
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:40 am

Addie wrote:
GTTURBO wrote:

My 19 16v cost £200 off eBay so its just a rag around really. Need to service it when I get a dry day and change the belt.

Looking for something else, not sure what though! Probably another Valver, cabby maybe.

my bruv used to have a valver, air filter and exhaust and it sounded sweet as, went really well to

would not mind one myself
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:49 am

I miss my valver, which is why im rebuilding it asap!
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:23 am

danlp6 wrote:
I miss my valver, which is why im rebuilding it asap!

are engine parts expensive for those?
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:21 am

yea they can be, headgaskets are around £35, but everything else is reasonably priced.
NiCkT
Level 5 User

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:42 pm

very tidy!!!
A14LN C
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Many welcomes GTTURBO, nice 2 c anothere 5 on the site, especailly a GT Turbo Very Happy i mabe wrong but i think for a long while there was only 2 and that was david3533 and me

Davies got the 16v lump in his whilst mines WAS a GTT until an old BASTARD pulled out in front of me and wrote it off Mad just after me putting a new turbo in it aswell, well gutted.

Nice 2 c uv kept urs in mint con matey, there wernt any wer i cum from until recently wen 1 guy got a red one then mines got written off and another guy got a white one the exact same as urs but he seems 2 b letting it fall 2 fuck now, dont get me wrong it wasnt in mint con 2 start off with but now it looks like a heap of shite now, mines wasnt standard but wasnt in mint con either but at least i looked after mines wenever anything went wrong i always got it fixed (Chris H as my witness, as it was him that done most of the work.........cheers chris Wink ) i would buy that white one up here in a second if it wer going for the right price

anyway (before this turns in2 a noval) ABSOLUTE MINTED WEE CAR u got there m8, enjoy the forums, this has got 2 b the most reliable and honest info site on the web with a gr8 bunch of people 2...........enjoy!!!
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:53 am

A14LN C wrote:
Many welcomes GTTURBO, nice 2 c anothere 5 on the site, especailly a GT Turbo Very Happy i mabe wrong but i think for a long while there was only 2 and that was david3533 and me

Davies got the 16v lump in his whilst mines WAS a GTT until an old BASTARD pulled out in front of me and wrote it off Mad just after me putting a new turbo in it aswell, well gutted.

anyway (before this turns in2 a noval) ABSOLUTE MINTED WEE CAR u got there m8, enjoy the forums, this has got 2 b the most reliable and honest info site on the web with a gr8 bunch of people 2...........enjoy!!!

hello mate,if your after another 5 just keep your eyes open on ebay there's been some nice one's on there.
you say your mate had one with a 16 valver in it what did that go like?
this does seem like a good web site, i will enjoy!! Wink
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:54 am

NiCkT wrote:
very tidy!!!

thanks mate
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:56 pm

GTTURBO wrote:
A14LN C wrote:

hello mate,if your after another 5 just keep your eyes open on ebay there's been some nice one's on there.
you say your mate had one with a 16 valver in it what did that go like?
this does seem like a good web site, i will enjoy!! Wink

if u check out http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=9 & http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=4
you will see two articles in the knowledge base about the valver converted R5 Smile
Leigh_f
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:10 pm

nice motor!
thats a few of us from Kent on here now! where abouts in kent are you?
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:45 pm

Leigh_f wrote:
nice motor!
thats a few of us from Kent on here now! where abouts in kent are you?

very near dartford
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 pm

if u check out http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=9 & http://www.retro-renault.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=4
you will see two articles in the knowledge base about the valver converted R5 Smile[/quote]

now that, I LIKE!!!!!!
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:07 am

Them Clio wheels suit it a treat!

And the engine bay is cracking!
GTTURBO
Level 1 User

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Gentle Ben wrote:
Them Clio wheels suit it a treat!

And the engine bay is cracking!

thanks mate

took me months to find a set of those wheels and the had to get them referbished

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE