Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Hello.........
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:53 am

RTOC's forum is pretty much locked down now. Need to be a member to see 90% of it.

no one said it was bad, we just said its not as good as its made out to be.

It doesn't matter what its made off theres no way an OHV engine will have the ultimate capability of an OHC/DOHC engine.

Valve train mass etc etc all come into play.

Ok its not much for an everyday car or a mildy road tuned one, but the point is a renault 5 GTT will not match the driveablity of a 16V 19/clio/1.4 energy SPI.

EFI alone makes it better to drive.

EFI's GTT's are a massive step ahead in driveability and it also allows for a much smoother transition to full boost.

Both engines at the end of the day will pump out 1000bhp if you want them to, but which one will last longer at that power would in my opinion be the one with the capacity and better valve control.
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:56 am

I'm a member there and have been for years, i replied but i can't be arsed arguing with them. I'd rather stay here and do it with you Razz
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:58 am

dochertya765 wrote:
That's pathetic!

TBH some of the open forum conversations on here yesterday were on par with that though.

We should be careful not to go in the same direction as other forums, otherwise it negates the reason for coming here in the first place.

Correct, those with power have been told to use it.
Dangerous Dave

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:14 am

i dont mind anyone not liking my clio, or my clio with a 5 gtt engine in but felt the 5gtt's bad rep was still about after the [bad engine comment] and as anyone should know we try and convert people not to hate the car/engine..

i posted in my other thread i didn't want any sh1t stirring, but to add their input into the mix.. i could have talked about BHP, Quarter miles times etc, but i don't run big bhp or take on the QM so its not really my place to talk.. there are also people that are far more clued up on the engines themselves..

i dont go around forums winding people up, i just wanted more info into other peoples thinking.. Smile
Chris Gt

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:53 am

no one said it was shite, we just said its not as good as you lot like to make out.

Do you know this from experiance?? or have you just heard stories?? Shocked

we see low 11 sec 1/4 mile times in an extremelly powerfull gtt

So.... i suppose its still not as good as we make out is it ?? Mad
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Chris Gt wrote:
no one said it was shite, we just said its not as good as you lot like to make out.

Do you know this from experiance?? or have you just heard stories?? Shocked

we see low 11 sec 1/4 mile times in an extremelly powerfull gtt

So.... i suppose its still not as good as we make out is it ?? Mad

You are schakal and i claim my five pounds!
Chris Gt

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:33 pm

whhhhhat??

Schalak

Huh... Surprised
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Best to just wear the cap tbh
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:34 pm

Lol how did you manage to find this site:

Chris Gt wrote:
Retro-Ride(s): reno 5 gt turbo
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:55 am

its cos my mates best friends dog had one and had 85PSI boost and blew it up innit.

So they are pure dead unreliable and stuff.

headgaksets last 5 miles and that then they go bang like my mates mums belly did when she swalled 2 bags of smack to smuggle back from spain.

innit!
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:30 am

Lmao!
valver
Level 9 User

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 am

the real chris h is starting to come out Laughing

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE