Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 gearbox & clutch change
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:10 am

Well.....i''m looking foward to next week,cause hopefully with a little help from some freinds [dave ] we are going to remove engine & box, replace the box/clutch and rear mount and maybe wishbones / and anti-roll bushes..........oh may as well do rear pads to.
Im gonna take digi camera to document the weekend and all its glory.
It still seems a dunting task ....got the box [ thanks to dave ] got gear oil, got clutch kit [sachs 3000 154 001 ] from euro car parts,got engine oil and new filter,and some flush just to give the internals a good wash.
not sure whether to take the sump off and clean the oil pick-up ,im sure the flush will do that.
Still got to find out the size of the split pins i need but will find that out this week ..........so till the weekend ...............adios Cool
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:37 am

what split pins do you need? Where do split pins feature in the 19? If you can show me a split pin on your car that was there from the factory I will come down and change it for you.
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:20 am

Allright allright excuse my ignorance i ment the driveshaft roll pins.........is it pin or pins spose i need 2..............gear stick bushes? where will i get these.............?

andy Cool
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:22 am

Ohhhhh part no.s would be handy lol Very Happy

Andy Cool
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:58 am

you need 1 driveshaft rool pin but you should be able to re-use the 1 you have. Use a 4mm punch to knock it out. They can stick in which makes things very difficult.

Gear stick bushes go ask renault.

get them both from ren, under a fiver for the lot.
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:32 pm

i thank you O ' wise wizard of the north Cool
I'll get them tomorrow ooooops i mean monday.................after i've told the man from renault my life story Confused
cheers chris

andy Cool
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:48 pm

77 03 067 320 ROLL PIN CL .32

77 05 010 093 BUSH GEARCHANGE 2.52

77 00 743 133 BUSH GEAR ROD N5 1.60

thats what you need
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:16 pm

Well went to RENO today got roll pin gonna pick up bushes on thursday all for £5.06.........must admit the chap behind the parts desk was a bit miffed how i had pt no's i could see he wanted to ask but didnt have the nerve.....weird chap he was one eye looked at me the other eye ......well that was all over the place Rolling Eyes
still having probs with dial..disc's cant be arsed at the mo just looking foward to the weekend
cheers for the no's chris till the weekend

Andy Cool
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm

Interesting , my local dealer didnt mind the fact that i had part numbers or know my way round dialogys Razz even offered to drop the part off on his way home from work as he passed my house - now thats service Razz
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:50 am

your not kidding Huw! Wish all were like that!

They do take the hump with part no's only.
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:09 am

i got asked once how i had the part number but i just said i got it off a mate...if they question u just say theres loads of ppl on the interent that give u numbers...u dont know how but they do....all they gotta do is go on ebay and see dialogys being sold so its no big surprise.

but i quite often reel a list of numbers off my phene to them...most of them dont mind cos it makes their job a lot quicker and eaiser.
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:30 am

bloody jobsworths, why the hell should they care where you got the numbers from?

Id tell them "mind your own bloody business where i got the numbers, have you got the parts or not?"

Either that or "actually im just guessing, you better look them all up for me" Smile
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:45 pm

To be honest i dont know y they dont supply discs when they sell the cars or offer to supply discs at a fair price.......then they would probably find that they would sell more parts......we could order bits on the net...everybody would benifit
Oh by the way Jonboy u sure it wasnt u behind the counter cause i seem to recognise that EYE.......LMAO Very Happy Very Happy
ANDY Cool
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:52 pm

Very Happy Ok i know its not the weekend now but this is how its gone so far.
Sat:
Met up with dave at 8:30 and to the farm we went. As we opened the barn doors we noticed the valver was lookin straight at us in this kind of pissed off way. But being all excited about the day ...we took no notice. so first things first need to sort kettle...........sorted ..brew on
next ..put the car into possition under the hoist......1st hic up the dahm battery was flat so while im disconecting a battery from the massey fergason tractor dave starts to dismantle the front end [ mainly for improved access ].....jump start and under the hoist we go. Bonnet off...batt disconnected.
next problem: drivers side bumper mount, wont turn,so wheres the hacksaw..........6 graised nuckles later along with a few profanities the bumper was off ...time for the car to go up in the air...well the front .
On with the kettle and off with the wheels.
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:03 pm

Next: time to climb under and empty the gearbox oil Hmmm that looks a nice colour
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:19 pm

Next :off with the driveshafts............pasenger side no prob.driver side...........this is that moment when dave and myself did that male bonding thing......by swearing [alot ] and farting , even the cows in the next barn started to complain...........i dont know what dave eats Laughing Laughing but im sure it was off Mr. Green Any way could we get the roll-pin out of the half-shaft? could we f***.think well leave that till later
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:36 pm

next: disconnect the wiring loom from the computer and relay box,and all the earth straps etc and tape everything to the engine
andy-16v
Level 5 User

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:05 pm

After the oil was drained from the box i disconnected the gearchange linkage......time for another brew Very Happy and a look at the haynes book of porkies
So......we've disconnected the wireing harness,drained the oil,removed the rad and water from the engine,disconnected gearlink,1 driveshaft along with the suspension struts, Very Happy .....still a fair bit to do........Dave heres ur coffee...WHACK !!! went his head ...........stupid place to leave a bloody hoist Twisted Evil .......after we agreed that the profanitys thereafter were justified Confused we had found the word of the day Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:19 pm

is that a 'motorsport' banner i see on your windscreen?

NED!!!

Very Happy
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:27 pm

Looks like your doing it the hard way, taking the bumpers off and wiring loom etc....
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:42 am

the very hard long way no less!

Motorsport, oh dear, your beyond help.

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE