Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 The Changing Of The Valves Part Deux
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:36 pm

Well i know its been a while since the last post on this subject but time has been against me and its took me this long to actually get the job done but thats it i got a new set of valves from Chris H and eventually got them ground in after another trip to the land of Chris to get the much needed headset and the even more needed valve spring compressor which i got in a sale in halfords for 25 squidllydid. So job done just about, the big fella is comin over tomorrow to give me a hand with the timing and that will be about it except a couple of little jobs. Heres a couple of pics of it finally built up in my tiny workshop.....
And here finally in the engine bay where it belongs as you can see i went absolutely fukin mental with the spray paint, i am the worst person to leave in charge of any type of aerosol paint Laughing ive just got to use it till its finished.......
Heres a pic of the valves after coming out of the head can you spot the bent ones, bet you cant......
Heres a pic of the bores after a wee clean........
Oh and a pic of the car after i fitted my new hover unit, im gonna save a fukin fortune on tyre and wheel money Laughing .....

Well thats about it for now ill post again when the car is actually going and its and all cleaned up and stuff ill just leave for now with a couple of pics of a before and after type nature, cheers for now and hope everyone is well......

A wee bit of a difference i think youll agree.
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:49 am

looking good boyo lookin good!!

will be great when its running...how long it been off the road now?
Soneji
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:47 am

Good couple of months I reckon...

Mark, did you ever manage to remember what your pullies were set 2?
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:17 am

is that the engine the car left the factory with?

its got the bits i always associate with phase 1 engines (big rubbery moulded bit on the hoses round the front of the cam cover, different thermostat hose setup)
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:49 am

yeah thats the original engine.

I just got back from Marks.

The beast is now running again.

Just a bit of this and that and now it be fine.

He needs tax and MOT and wheels before the car can get anywhere though.
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:06 am

yeah i thought the hoses looked large...and that is an early type of stat arangment...pressed in pipe instead of a bolted on cast housing...as i remember arguin with chris h many moons ago...
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:46 pm

Jonnyboy wrote:
looking good boyo lookin good!!

will be great when its running...how long it been off the road now?

Thats about three months now johnnyboy....too long Sad
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:48 pm

Soneji wrote:
Good couple of months I reckon...

Mark, did you ever manage to remember what your pullies were set 2?

Naw George me and Chris were jist talkin about that this afternoon, i can remember the inlet cam was set to 8 degrees advance but i cant remember what the exhaust was set to, we just zeroed them for now.
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:59 pm

Well as Chris said he was over my way this afternoon and helped me get the timing sorted out but when we started her she ran like tractor we tried this and that but could not get it right untill Chris said (and im surprised he didnt mention it to give me a ribbin) are the HT leads round the right way? to which i answered "dono" and when he checked them against the ones in his beast, yup youve guessed it they were not, two and three were mixed up. So after a swift changeover by the Hallster she ran lovely ya fooookin dancer, another couple of little jobs and she will be on the road again, and no-one had faith in her turning a wheel again Surprised well get it up yeez joe, tosh, julie, stevie etc etc shes back and feelin tighter than she ever did Laughing Laughing heres two pics i just took a couple of hours ago after getting all the little cosmetics and so on back on, cheers for now folks hope you all enjoyed following this......
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:05 am

class pictures mate.....
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:54 am

Actually I spotted it then you said no I said aye then had to go to my car to prove I was right.

ned.
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:52 pm

Chris H wrote:
Actually I spotted it then you said no I said aye then had to go to my car to prove I was right.

ned.

Ned is it? Get it up ye ya big bam!! Laughing Laughing
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:53 am

Lets look at the evidence shall we,

Stickers up the side of the car - You
Ph2 - You
Neddy paint job under the bonnet and his mobile phone - You

Classy ph1 with rusty spots - Me
Car that actually goes - Me
All round super hero - Me

lol

Anyway have you driven it yuet? Whats it like?
chamadyelook
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:31 pm

Ha Ha Ha ya fekin maniac! anyway aye ave drove it a couple of times and its runnin fabby better than it ever did but a think the starter's on its way oot. i still want the pullies set for that wee bit more oomph or i might just put originals back on and sell the vernier jobbies..... a dono
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:44 pm

Starters easy enough to change, I can do it and I am a big lump so you will manage it with having smaller hands.

Liek I told you small steps with the pullies till it feels strongest.

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE