Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 ebay chip? looks ok
elviscat
Level 6 User

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:45 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32094&item=7975530681&rd=1

Any comments on the 2L williams this ad speaks of? any good, it is worth buying?
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:47 am

hmm this is nikips one, ask neo abotu it.

I still ain't tested the thing.
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm

Well the chip i got off nikips has made a difference to my ph2 r19 16v, mid range is defo better, mick is a very helpful guy as it goes and is a member of this forum.
any questions you have you can direct to him (see blueyonder thread in general chat)

i am currently running my standard chip again at the mo, doing a comparison test between the two chips and it would seem i have better pull away in 1st and 2nd with the standard chip but with the modded chip, mid range grunt is very muich better, great for that extra bit of power for overtaking, i cna drop her to 3rd and the power is right there and i'm past.

when i get a chance i will be testing top end between the two chips again.
Chris H pointed out in a video we did a couple of weekends back that my 19 seemed to take ages to get from 115 to 120 and beyond.
I am able to swop chips on the roadside as i fitted my ECU with a socket, so like i said when i get the chance to have an uninterupted run on the private test track i will be doing top end comparisions again.

as a note, when i was running a superchip in my ECU, my rev limiter got messed up, would not go over 6000 rpm, my standard chip takes it to 7200 rpm, micks chip allows me to get to 8000 rpm.
my ph1 which is currently off the road has new spark plugs, ht leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap which will be going to the ph2, run those with my standard chip then again with the modded chip, and again compare results.
R1916S
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:29 am

I fitted a Fastchip from Holland.

Much better mid range.

The Renault chip was limited to 7000 - PH 2

Fastchip is up to 7200.

It feels a higher but in low gears its all happens so quick. (Use the car in the Alps, lots of bends).

Took the car on the motorway and it feels quicker.

No way I can get any times on it.

Better performance with the chip.

More fuel, though it may be that you have a tendance to floor it all the time, new toy.

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE