Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 The Blue Chammy (under new ownership!)
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:53 am

Right, thought i'd start a post to share with you the various bits and pecies im doing with this car. You all know about the clutch change from the tech forum. After doing that I thought it was time to give the interior a good clean, even took the front seats out!; its amazing how well it came up really...also touched up the ends of the seat runners where they go manky.

Look! No seats!

No seat here.....

Or here....
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:57 am

Clean dials...no dust/muck, nice and shiney, still not sure about those dials though....might take em off when I replace the trip screen.

huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:04 am

Hooked up the boot central locking motor..got slightly confused thanks to Mr Haynes insisting the wires were a different colour to what was actually there, got them in the end (thanks chet!). While I was there, decided to re do the fog light wiring that Addie had done...managed to blow the fuse too... (must be more careful!)

Not much to see here:

Nicely routed, much better no sticky tape in sight!

Much better, could do with a clean though....
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:13 am

Next up, seeing as I was bored and thought it was a simple enough job was the boot alignment, as you can see it's;

In a bit here...

...and out a bit here

Simple job, just undo the 4 bolts holding it on, play around a bit till its quare and ta da!

Lovely Very Happy
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:28 am

Had a look at me spark plugs today....when I took the leads off, the bottoms that plug in to the pug had oil on em and the plugs themselves were completley coated in coil. Im not certain, but i'm pretty sure that they ain't supposed to be? Looks like i'll be replacing the rocker cover gasket. Anyway I've given em a bit of a squirt with carb cleaner and am gonna put em back in later...maybe it will run a bit smoother now?

Heres a a plug....and my hand

A slightly better shot; not sure if that needs replacing or not?
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:33 am

Looking at the plug its quite sooty, covered in carbon build up, that would suggest it running a bit rich? Why would that be? I've cleaned the air temp sensor in the manifold....so thats a start....suggestions?
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:08 am

Right, just taken em all out, 3 plugs are Unipart single eletrode plugs and 1 is a chapion multielectrode part...bit odd dont you think?
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:49 am

why did you run a whole new wire through the tailgate i told you the easy way to do it.

Get a new set of plugs. And they always go black.
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:53 am

The wiring that has been routed through the tailgate was for the fogs, Addie had put it there, I just re routed it, new wire had to be used becuase the loom had been cut inside the car under the back shelf. I've seen NGK plugs for about 3.40 a plug....good buy?
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:53 am

thats a sparkly lookin car matey...good effort....wish mine was that clean...
Ben
Level 5 User

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:24 am

Sob.. I miss that car...
Addie
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:22 am

Your not the only one Ben Sad

I'll fight you for her when (if) he sells it! lol

I'm up at GSF soon, let me know if you want to go for a pint at lunch or summat.
Ben
Level 5 User

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:22 am

Sounds good matey..

On the speakers front.. I'd rather have the £20! Wink

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE